Highlights of the SAP Intelligent RPA Best Practices Content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105 Release (May 2021)
This blog provides an overview of the #S4HANA #Cloud 2105 with the latest and greatest innovations highlights to drive and accelerate digital transformation with improved operations, increased service quality and automate to gain speed and efficiency . These innovations are released as part of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105 shipment for Intelligent Robotic Process Automation using “SAP Intelligent Robot Process Automation Bot Store “.
In this blog, we will expand on the Innovations that make SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation as key value driver as catalyst for the Intelligent Enterprise.
SAP Intelligent RPA solution for automating across SAP applications provide stable and efficient digital process automation, reducing implementation time and maintenance efforts, by expanding AI presence and by embedding it in RPA core.
- Streamline digital process automation with your current heterogenous IT landscape – automate any underlying applications, best in class capabilities for SAP stack.
- Business user friendly approach for scaling and industrializing automation with low-code/no-code Cloud-based Design Studio.
- Make Artificial Intelligence infusion real among your enterprises by complementing software bots with cognitive skills from SAP or ANY intelligent services.
- Enable remote working with monitorable software bots working as digital assistants or digital workers, orchestrated in cloud.
- Quick return on investment (ROI), no capital expenditure (CAPEX), quick to implement – value generation in weeks, flexible commercial options (subscription, CPEA).
Latest release updates provide Three Important Components that are newly added to SAP’s Intelligent Robotic Process Automation to drive efficiency for autonomous intelligence.
- SAP Intelligent RPA improved Cloud Studio with a brand-new web based authoring experience
- Capture screens from different applications to assemble in end to end workflow.
- Design complex automations using visual programming. Collection elements loops support and use our new Cloud SDKs inside your projects.
- Multi-Dimensional Support allows collection and easier loop support when building automations.
2. Multi-Capture Support allow each capture to represent variations of the same screen.
- Define several captures for a given application screen.
- Leverage new cloud studio connector specificities and advanced capturing options when designing automation.
- Experience the new cloud studio that allows to declare elements in the captured screens to interact with later in your automation.
- Easy Connect with Excel and Leverage imported files in Cloud Studio Automation.
- Building automations using excel, you can create new worksheets, retrieve data from an existing sheet to bind to a defined data type and many more useful functionalities .
- Imported files in Cloud Studio Automation help automate actions on those files with File System activities in your automations.
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105, we provide new innovations with Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Best Practices Content Innovation for Professional Services, and Finance business processes within SAP S/4HANA on premise and S/4HANA Cloud.
Top 3 business driven innovations to automate your business processes using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation capabilities with #S4HANA #Cloud.
- Digital Automation for Professional Services : Mass Recalculation of Planned Costs and Revenue for Commercial Projects (5HF)
2. Mass Downloads of Billing Documents Output for Commercial Projects (5BP)
3. Digital Automation for Finance : Mass Asset Acquisition (Non-Integrated) (4MB)
Let’s take deeper look at the First business driven innovation for Professional Services using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation content with SAP S/4HANA.
Mass Recalculation of Planned Costs and Revenue for Commercial Projects (5HF)
The solution provides Project Managers increased efficiency and efficient way to perform the mass recalculation of planned cost and revenue for all projects in planning, contract preparation and in execution, in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition (ES).
- The bot identifies the projects that should be subject to recalculation based on the chosen selection criteria (customer, project, cost center, profit center, service organization, project role) and project stage.
- At the end of the process, the bot sends the log report to the relevant stakeholder(s) via e-mail.
Communication Scenario “Commercial Project Integration“ (SAP_COM_0054) has to be set up in S/4HANA system for the API’s which is used to extract information related to customer or internal projects.
See for more detail documentation here and SAP help documentation URL
Let’s take deeper look at the second business driven innovation for billing processes using SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation content with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Mass Downloads of Billing Documents Output for Commercial Projects (5BP)
With the latest release, we deliver more advanced automation features, allowing Billing Clerk to reduce manual effort with repeated system operation.
If an audit takes place, it may be required to collect a large number of billing document printouts. In such cases, the Billing Clerk has to download these documents individually, which leads to extensive manual effort.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation bot provide capabilities to mass download billing document printouts for project-based services.
The solution provides increased efficiency and reduce time spent on individual selection and download of billing documents output.
- The bot identifies the billing documents that should be downloaded based on the chosen selection criteria (billing type, billing date, company code, customer, project, among others). The user can also define the output settings, including the naming convention for the PDF files.
- At the end of the process, the downloaded billing documents can be placed in a local or shared folder, as well as sent to the recipients by e-mail.
Intelligent bots can take smarter decisions, cut across organizational barriers by driving optimal process modelling for maximum efficiency in billing processes.
Communication Scenario “ Billing Integration“ (SAP_COM_0120) has to be set up in S/4HANA system for API Billing Document – Read, Cancel, GetPDF.
See for more detail documentation here and SAP help documentation URL
Let’s take deeper look at the third business driven innovation for Finance Asset Management.
Mass Asset Acquisition (Non-Integrated) (4MB)
SAP Intelligent RPA simply Asset Accountant tasks by performing automatic asset accounting postings and deliver more advanced automation features reduce manual effort with repeated system operation.
An asset acquisition posting is the activation of an asset from an accounting perspective. Companies at any point in time can have the need to bring an arbitrary number of assets in the system. This is a recurring, simple and monotonous process that follows always the same steps by filling required fields and posting the acquisition.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation bot runs in attended mode and posts acquisitions via the Fiori app Post Acquisition (Non-Integrated) – with Automatic Offsetting Entry. Bot reads assets from an Excel file and processes them via the Fiori app.
Mass Asset Acquisition automation bot provide error handling in such cases, by simply reading error messages and reporting them back, so the user can address them later.
Business user post the acquisition of an asset through a purchase. In doing so, in Asset Accounting, user post without reference to a purchase order and without integration with Accounts Payable Accounting; instead, you post against a clearing account. The posting creates a new entry in the journal.
Stay tuned for more updates in the next quarters!
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info here
- Jan Gilg SAP News Center article here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA or myself via @har1234 (Hardeep Tulsi)