The enterprise management layer is also available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition customers. It is included in the subscription and can be ordered for deployment in the customer system landscape, be it in a sandbox system only or in all systems in the landscape, for example in the Development, Quality Assurance and Production systems.
We recommend to deploy the enterprise management layer in all systems and hence build a solid foundation for the project team to adapt and tailor to your individual needs. Using the standard business processes wherever possible frees up time and resources and allows your project team to concentrate on those business processes that are customer-specific and that differentiate you from your competitors.
For the implementation of the enterprise management layer, we recommend the SAP Activate methodology, for example the roadmap for SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition.
Are there any differences in the content compared to enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA?
The content of the enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition (as well as for SAP S/4HANA) is based on SAP Best Practices and consists of business processes or scope items.
Find overview presentations and detailed documentation for download in the SAP Best Practices Explorer.
All available scope items are listed Scope Item List, per the 43 available countries.
Scope items are structured in 3 categories:
- Standard Scope: scope items that are always included for every customer. Those are the green lines in the list.
- Scope Options: scope items which are typically not in scope for all customers and/or require additional software licenses. Those scope items are listed in orange and can be selected for deployment in a questionnaire.
The product content team that builds the enterprise management layer also offers additional services, which include for example the following scope items:
- Intercompany Processes:
- Sale from Central Stock
- Sale from Local Stock
- Intercompany Debit and Credit Memos
- Project System for Accounting:
- Overhead Projects (including Statistical Projects and Projects with Revenue)
- Investment Projects
These services can also be deployed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. However, they are subject to a service contract and attract a cost.